Quick & Easy Cotton Coasters
- Approximately 11yds of any worsted weight cotton yarn (I used Sugar ‘n Cream by Lily, color: Hot Blue)
- Size H/8-5.00MM crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Stitches and Techniques:
- Magic Circle
- Slip Stitch
- Modified Double Crochet (mdc)* – YO, insert hook into space and pull up a loop, YO, draw through first loop on hook, YO, draw through two loops on hook, YO, draw through remaining two loops on hook (mdc made).
- Begin with a magic circle, ch 3 (counts as 1 mdc)
- Round 1: work 11 mdc into magic circle, join with sl st into 3rd loop of ch 3 (12 mdc)
- Round 2: ch 3, 1 mdc in same stitch, *2 mdc in next stitch, repeat from * around, join with sl st to 3rd loop of ch 3 (24 mdc)
- Round 3: ch 3, 1 mdc in same stitch, *2 mdc in next stitch, 2 mdc in next stitch, 1 mdc in next stitch, repeat from * around, join with sl st to 3rd loop of ch 3 (40 mdc)
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
Each coaster takes about 15 minutes to crochet and measures approximately 4″ in diameter. I hope you enjoy!